What makes Laredo so great?
Laredo is definitley a unique community and sets a new standard for the Red Deer area. Designed for families who want to grow in a neighbourhood that's free from the stress of busy urban environments, Laredo is a spacious community as open, authentic and uncluttered as the prairie landscape that surrounds it. This master-planned community brings the best features of urban living while providing a sustainable environment that features a strong sense of community found in a small prairie setting.
Here are some of the features you'll find in Laredo:
> Prairie-inspired architecture & landscaping
• Classic and modern prairie architecture reflective of country living. See Community Guidlines document for examples.
• Rurally inspired features such as idyllic white post and rale fencing, weather vanes and more
• Natural areas, open spaces and rolling paths
> Character-rich streetscapes
• Unique entrance features using bold colours and high contrast white fencing
• Extensive pedestrian network and gathering spaces with community furniture and lighting
• Landscaped street medians
• Heritage style street sign blades and street lamps
• Conveniently located community mailbox areas; partially covered and lit
> Naturalized linear park system
• Over 23 acres of park space in Laredo
• Rolling asphalt & grass trails that flow north south throughout the community
• Varitey of landscape vegetation including prairie grasses, native shrubs and trees
• Natural pond with bulrushes, aeration fountain
> Open green spaces
• Large central park with multi-use pad, snowbank rink, seating areas and trails
• Two natural playgrounds utilizing both traditional play equipment and landscaped elements
> Nearby shopping & services
• See the Amenties page
> Direct Access to the City of Red Deer's World-class Trail System
• Laredo's internal trail system is directly connected to the more than 110 kilometres of soft and hard surface trails that traverse the Waskasoo Park system.